Manny Cantor Center Maker Program
Educational Alliance Art School at Manny Cantor Center is thrilled to announce the opening of a maker program in our Recycle and Reuse Community Arts Studio. MCC’s Maker Program will provide space for crafters and artists to gather, create, inspire, teach, learn, and build community.
All Maker Program activities take place in our Community Arts Studio (Studio A, Level M).
Join us! Meet fellow artists and crafters, explore your own work, and learn something new!
Maker Memberships: Purchase sessions of Open Studio time *All sessions expire on June 30, 2019*
When you become a Maker Member, you have:
- Access to the Maker Member calendar to reserve Open Studio time
- Space to work!
- Access to materials and basic tools from the MCC Recycle and Reuse Center for use during Open Studio
- A network of fellow crafters and artists to work alongside, creating, and inspiring one another!
Dabbling: 3 sessions = $15
Not ready to commit? This starter package will give you access to three sessions of Open Studio time — come check us out!
Exploring: 10 sessions = $45
All In!: 22 sessions = $90
*Each Session is for a four hour block of time*
*Nine sessions covers the cost of one two-hour workshop*
In order to use your package to purchase a workshop, please contact email@example.com or call us at 646-395-4258.
Purchase Maker Memberships
Open Studio will have the following schedule:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday: 5:00 – 9:00 pm
- Sunday: 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Thursday & Saturday: CLOSED
*The MCC Maker Program will be closed on Passover/Easter Weekend (4/19 – 4/21) and Memorial Day Weekend (5/24- 5/27)
See Full Schedule Here
We will also have the following workshops for one time learning and making sessions:
- Wed Apr 24, 6:30 – 8:30 pm – Intro to Embroidery – $45 (Materials Included) Create an embroidery sampler as an introduction to the french knot, running, back, and cross stitches. Practice putting these stitches to use by designing your own patch!
- Sun May 5, 2:00 – 4:00 pm – Upcycle: Jewelry Making from Recycled Materials – $45 (Materials Included) Gain appreciation for color, texture and shapes of found objects and create handmade jewelry from recycled and reused materials. Learn basic joining techniques to combine materials and construct unique jewelry. All levels welcome!
- Sun May 19, 4:00 – 6:00 pm – Printing Patterns on Fabric: Stamp & Stencil – $45 (Materials Included) Using recycled materials, learn stamp and stencil techniques to create unique patterns and design your own reusable tote bag!
- Sun June 2, 2:00 – 4:00 pm – Fluid Painting – $45 (Materials Included) Fluid painting is a technique of pouring acrylic paint onto a canvas in layers to create magical painted surfaces. The instructor will demonstrate techniques and guide you to create at least one painting. This is a fun introduction to fluid painting!
- Wed June 19, 6:30 – 8:30 pm – Bookmaking: Fold & Stitch – $45 (Materials Included) Explore different methods of folding paper and pamphlet stitch binding to create your own books! Use recycled materials to learn the mini zine and accordion pocket folds.
For questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 646.395.4258
Print This Page